Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm Normally Not This Emotional....I Promise!!

''So here lately I have started to get back into the 'I miss everything' stage.
I miss Alabama. I miss the thunderstorms there. I miss waking up in the middle of the night because the house is shaking due to the thunder rumbling. I don't ever get to hear the pitter-patter of rain on the tin roof anymore. I miss it.
I also miss the food. I miss getting to go out to eat to nice restuarants with my parents. I can't even remember the last time I went out to eat at a decent place! I miss barbecue. I hate how out west 'barbecue' is considered a verb. It. Is. Not. Barbecue is a noun. It is a food. NOT A VERB. You can grill-out, but you cannot barbecue. I miss my momma's cooking. Oh how she can make the best food!!

Most of all I miss my family, friends, and my ward. I miss having that group of people that have known me since I was born. Out here when things go wrong, I don't have that group of people there to help me out. My ward back home has known me for as long as I have known myself and they will do anything for me. Out here there just isn't that same support group. I feel weird if I needed something to call my relief society president and ask for something, cause she is in the same boat I am in. I miss my family. My neice and nephew. They are the cutest kids ever! I miss my momma and my daddy. I miss how my dad and I could just laugh and laugh without anyone else understanding what we are laughing about. I miss it. I miss my mom. I miss seeing my brother and my sisters.
Sorry for the little pity party. Life really is great! I just miss a fair amount of stuff. I am having the time of my life out here, but I do miss my great state and all of the people in it! I love BYU and am so thankful to be here!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't college wonderful?
    Leaving everything you've had in life to meet new people, live in new areas and experience new things? It's like my entire life has prepared me for now, and quite frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing. My parents metaphorically said,"Hey kid, you know how we've provided for you for 18 years? You know how we've given you food, shelter, money, knowledge, and happiness? It's time for you to leave. Goodbye." I know how it feels. Sometimes it really sucks. And sometimes it's super awesome.
    And that's why the Writing 150 Husbergites must unite to form a super group and destroy the evils of bad writing one presentation at a time. We'll own this semester. Grab it by the horns. Because we can.
    We wil make our parents proud and create the world. Occupy leadership.

    (I'm usually not this dramatic, but a combination of lack of sleep, stress and homework is altering my thoughts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I didn't miss home really until this semester. All my friends are leaving on missions and so it's hard to go home though because it feels empty. Who knew this growing up thing would be so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it nice to just rant sometimes about things you miss? I guess this blog is the perfect place to do so. I definitely know how you're feeling and i can totally understand what you mean by not being this emotional all the time. It's like a cycle though, you have your ups and downs: this is life, and sucks to say, but it's never going to end. Hopefully spilling it out on paper--or I should say, this screen-- has helped you feel a little less homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being your roommate, I know you're pretty much never emotional, but I am totally in the same boat with ya! Sometimes I wish I lived closer to school so I could see my family more often, but as the say "absence makes the heart grow fonder", and I know I'm maturing and growing up while I'm here which I guess is good!

    ReplyDelete